Friday 3 August 2012

Friendship Has No Boundaries

Today we observed the thirteenth fast of Ramadan. So far, it's going good. The first day was hard, then my body got used to it. We've been breaking our fast with dates, fruit salad, yogurt shakes, and of course regular dinners such as baryani, pasta, meatloaf, etc.

I have a friend I made in my building a few years back. She is a devout Christian who goes to church every night. I ran into her this afternoon and she gave me a nice surprise. She gave me a headscarf as a Ramadan gift and it really put a smile on my face. I'm so lucky to have such great friends. I've never let religious beliefs come in the way of my relationships. My best friend is also Christian and I clearly remember her giving me Christmas presents as kids, meanwhile I would give her eid presents. One holiday, Christmas and Eid had fallen around the same time and we exchanged holiday gifts. I remember her giving me a necklace and I gave her chocolates. Friendship really has no boundaries, in my humble opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment