Wednesday 31 October 2012

Miscellaneous Updates

I've been feeling really busy and overwhelmed lately. Last month, I was busy with family visiting from out of town. We ended up going out a lot for lunches, dinners and such. This month has been relatively quiet, aside from weekend social activities. The first weekend, my family got together for a Thanksgiving potluck. Although we don't celebrate it, we did have turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and the whole nine yards. The weekend following, my husband and I decided to go to Go For Tea for Bubble Tea late at night. Mind you, I love me my flavoured teas and coffees. This time, I tried honeydew pearl milk tea which was divine. On a side note, I've discovered the bubble tea place at my local mall to be quite tasty as well. But the ambiance is not as good as Go For Tea (a gorgeous modern tea house which specializes in Chinese food and many bubble tea flavours.)

Last weekend, we got together with family (again) for Eid. This week has been quiet so far, aside from mild affects of Hurricane Sandy making it's way to parts of Toronto. Thank God we were not affected at all, we still have our power. But I know some neighbourhoods did lose it for nearly twenty four hours.

I've been trying to make some changes in my life. I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable and going back to school soon. There is no saying when, but it's something I truly want. My research indicates it is not that cheap (as most of already know)! I have a passion for cooking and baking and wish to get into culinary school. I want to learn how to cook the kind of professional food they cook on the Food Network.

Also, I'm currently part of two book clubs but have decided to drop one of them. It is just becoming overwhelming always having to read a book for book club, it feels almost like a chore. I love reading and don't want this to take that away from me. I decided to leave the library one (my other one is one I started with friends.) It was a tough decision to make. I love being a part of both of them, but I think it's for the best.

Cat Update: We recently got Pepper microchipped. Tiger was already chipped from the day we adopted him. We just felt like it was the responsible thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment