Monday 27 January 2014

Country Style Winter

Everyone warned me in advance that the winters in the countryside will be far more brutal than the winters in the city. Lucky for me, I love winter (and snow), and nothing can take that away. Well everyone was right, the winters here are COLD. Some days are better than others. It's a few degrees colder than Toronto, and some days are really windy too. The highest it's gotten is -28 degrees (PLUS windchill.) It snows every few days, and the snow doesn't melt, all the snow just keeps collecting on top of the previous snowfalls. When I walked out today, in some spots, the snow reached up to my hips! Our car was covered with almost a foot of snow! It's beautiful to look at, and I just love it. I had to change my whole wardrobe when we moved up here. When I went out to shovel the driveway today, I wore three THICK sweaters, three bottom layers, a winter jacket, a scarf, and a hat, and I was still cold! It's already so lovely in the winter, I am anxiously waiting for spring and summer, because it'll most likely be ten times more beautiful. But in the meantime, we are stocked up with coffee, tea and hot chocolate to keep us warm and cozy!





I think there's a car under there somwhere! =) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so much snow! I agree about it being pretty, but it also looks very cold. Where I live (Somerset, UK) the problem is water. I have never seen so many floods in my life. I feel so sorry for the people whose homes are under water & the farmers with crops rotting in the ground. Our son lives in Australia where much of the country is battling intense heat and fires. I swear the world has gone mad! Thank you so much for visiting me earlier today, I am very happy to meet you. Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, that sounds awful. =( I know, the weather has been so nuts lately! And you're absolutely right. It is SO cold! Thanks for checking out my blog and for your comment.

      Delete